Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:08:26 -0600

> I disagree with Tom on [1]: it should clearly be "srcname", in analogy
> to #+tblname - and also so I don't have to change my files :-} (but see
> my question about tblname below).
>
> I agree on [2] "call".

noted

> I'm confused by [3] so I will say nothing for now, except to ask some
> questions: are we talking about what a human would use to label a piece
> of data for consumption by a block (including perhaps the future
> possibilities of lists and paragraphs that Tom brought up)?

Yes, and lists are already supported.  Supporting paragraphs would not
be difficult.

> what babel would use to label a results block (possibly so that it
> could be consumed by another block in a chain)? both?

yes

> would that mean that #+tblname would go the way of the dodo and that
> tables would be labelled with #+data (or #+object or whatever else we
> come up with)?

I am hesitant to suggest changing #+tblname: as it is used throughout
the rest of Org-mode, so it may be that whatever choice is made here
tblname will remain a synonymous option.

Thanks -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/