Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:55:53 +0100

Hi Eric,

I am now getting interested in beamer support. I think this is interesting enough to implement special support for making beamer slides.

Can I ask you to think about it in general terms, what would be useful to have?

One of the problems with your most recent solution for the columns problem is that the document no longer exports really well to a normal LaTeX document - or is this no issue because beamer has its own way to produce handouts, so that the LaTeX export of a document intended for beamer is not so interesting?

But also in a broader sense: What would be useful? I think making slides in this way, through org, could be extremely fast and useful.

- Carsten