[Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:10:20 -0400

bar tomas <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to tag a region of text without creating a new branch?
> I mean, for instance, if I have the following orgmode document structure:
>
> * item1
> this is about item 1
> bla bla
> more about item1
>
> I'd like to give a tag to the bit 'bla bla', but the scope of the tag
> should not include 'more about item 1';

Just curious: what would be the advantage of tagging a region of text
rather than creating subheadings?

E.g.,

* item1
** this is about item 1
about item one
** bla bla                      :urgent:
More bla bla
** More about item1
more about item1

Since org mode relies on the hierarchical structure of outlines, all of
the subheadings are part of the tree beginning with item1.

Also, how would a region of tagged text appear in the agenda? The agenda
depends on the association of metadata with headlines.

Best,
Matt