[Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch

From: bar tomas
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 15:05:59 +0100

Thanks very much for your reply and your help.
I also think in terms of containers, but I was trying to figure out if
it is possible to have a container that has both subcontainers and
content that is not contained in a subcontainer.
For instance, in XML, this is the notion of an element with 'mixed
content'(subelements+character content). For example:

<item1 priority='A' >
general stuff  about item1
<subItem1> about subItem1 </subItem1>
more general stuff about item1
</item1>

I suppose, this kind of structure is not possible in orgmode?
you'd have to create 'artificial' subheadings:

* item1 [#A]
** general stuff item1
general stuff  about item1
**subItem1
about subItem1
** general stuff item1
more general stuff about item1

So, a container in orgmode can have either subcontainers or text but
not a mixture of both? Is this right?

Thanks also for the tip about freex. it looks interesting, pity its
not compatible with orgmode.
I'll have a look at inline tasks as you suggest.
Thanks again