Re: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:56:19 +0200

On Oct 9, 2009, at 7:58 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:

Matt: Inline tasks are now always exported, the variable
      org-inlinetask-export is obsolete.  Export will look like
      a description list item - in fact, the export uses internally
      description lists.

Thanks for clarifying this. I had org-inlinetask-export set to nil in
my .emacs (probably from earlier experimentation with the feature).

I see that one can exclude inline tasks with an exclude tag. But in
that case, one has to apply the tag to both headlines.

*                ** Testing                                        :noexport:
Here is a test
*                ** END                                            :noexport:

If one leaves the tag off of the END headline, then it is exported in
the HTML. Would there be a way automatically to exclude the END line
even if it does not have an exclude tag.

Yes, this should now work.  Good catch.

You method with the tag on the END line would even
be harmful, as it removes any text after the END line, up to the next heading.

Can you show me the use case for not exporting inline tasks? Maybe I need
to bring that variable back, if there is a good case for it....

- Carsten

- Carsten