emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:53:02 +0100

Am 10. Februar 2021 um 11:28 Uhr +0100 schrieb Joost Kremers:
> Well, that's basically what I did. :-) I did look at `bibtex.el` at the time I
> started Ebib, but it didn't seem to be intended as a library. Some functions
> would only return the beginning and the end of an entry or field, not its
> contents, so I figured, if I need to do the content extraction myself anyway,
> might as well do all the parsing myself.

I have noticed that bibtex-mode is not exactly friendly for using as a
library. It is effectively a set of functions to leave point at the
element one asks for. My code accepted that and effectively moved
point around in the .bib file's buffer each time a citation was
resolved.

I have dedicated today's morning into replacing the calls to
bibtex-mode's functions and my own functions with your library
parsebib. I have cleaned up some other things (e.g. replaced that
ZITBIB line with a buffer-local variable). Now it is even more
untested, but anyway, here is it again, in a new branch:

https://redmine.guelker.eu/projects/emacs-extensions/repository/7/revisions/implement-with-parsebib/entry/zit/zit.el

Much smoother now. And it has the charme that anything that works with
ebib will work with my custom system as well now.

It appears to work. I tested with an earlier article of mine.

Thanks again!

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security: