emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode

From: Joseph Johnson
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 06:41:19 -0500

Hi Greg,

Glad to hear the Pandoc format suggestion was helpful.

> However, in order to use the particular style I had in mind (full citation in
> footnote), I would need to find a .csl file to use.  I've looked at the
> suggested link [1], but there are many and no descriptions of what they do;
> the
> closest I found was `chicago-note-bibliography-with-ibid.csl'.  But it does
> not
> print the full citation (only author and title) and generates a list of
> references after the main body.
>
> Any suggestions?  Basically, what I'm looking for is analogous to Biblatex's
> \footcite or \fullcite commands, with the ability to suppress the creation of
> separate list of references.  (This sort of system is standard in trade books
> and can be found in some humanities books.)

I think the citation style you're looking for is
chicago-fullnote-bibliography.csl, which should at least format the
notes correctly.

As for the bibliography, one of the nice things about .csl files is
that they're quite readable and can be edited. To suppress the
bibliography, you can just open up the style, scroll to the bottom,
and delete everything between <bibliography> and </bibliography>.
There may be a cleaner way, but I don't personally know it.

All my best,
Joe

--
Dr. Joseph R. Johnson
Assistant Professor of French and Francophone Studies