Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: Herman , Géza
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:47:23 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> If we're going to use c++-mode as a reference, then, without
> electric-pair-mode you get another class of "bigger" bugs.  Just type
>
> emacs -Q thingy.cpp -f c++-ts-mode
>
> int main () { RET for (;;) {printf("infloop"); RET }
>
> it still bounces around.  c++-mode doesn't.  Sure, you may say
> "oh that's because the c++-ts-mode indenting is off".  OK, then I say
> "when/if it's ever fixed, then we can add these extra
> electric-indent-chars".
>
> João

For me, your example doesn't produce any bouncing (with or without
adding an additional RET before printf, I'm not sure whether you
accidentally missed to put a RET there).

Everything is just put unindented.

What could be the cause of the difference? I'm using the latest
tree-sitter-cpp (03fa93db133d6048a77d4de154a7b17ea8b9d076), and latest
emacs-29 branch (several-day-old master also behaves the same).

Géza