Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:20:15 +0300

On 30/03/2023 12:06, João Távora wrote:
I already gave this alternative MRE of bouncing behaviour.

    emacs -Q `mktemp`.cpp -f c++-ts-mode

    i n t SPC m a i n ( ) { RET for ( ; ; ) SPC b l a ( ) ;

Can you reproduce this bouncing?  Now try the same with c++-mode. Do you
confirm that it doesn't bounce?

FWIW, I'm unable to repro bouncing here. If anything, what's problematic here, is I get 0 spaces of indentation after the first RET (when electric-pair-mode is disabled, of course). But no bouncing when typing the first two semicolons, and the last one puts indentation where it should be.

Also in c++-ts-mode, add a closing `}`.
See the "mismatched parenthesis"?

I do see that, no idea why that happens (show-paren-mode highlights the matching parens correctly).