Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 10:28:51 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On 30/03/2023 12:06, João Távora wrote:
>> I already gave this alternative MRE of bouncing behaviour.
>>     emacs -Q `mktemp`.cpp -f c++-ts-mode
>>     i n t SPC m a i n ( ) { RET for ( ; ; ) SPC b l a ( ) ;
>> Can you reproduce this bouncing?  Now try the same with c++-mode. Do
>> you
>> confirm that it doesn't bounce?
>
> FWIW, I'm unable to repro bouncing here. If anything, what's
> problematic here, is I get 0 spaces of indentation after the first RET
> (when electric-pair-mode is disabled, of course). But no bouncing when
> typing the first two semicolons, and the last one puts indentation
> where it should be.

This problematic already counts as "bouncing" to me, for some meaning of
"bouncing". c++-mode doesn't behave like that because indentation is
already where it is supposed to be if you type that sequence of
keystrokes.

And did you try the final example that I showed in the animated gif?
That's even more "bouncy", at least in my book.

João