Re: Should yaml-ts-mode inherit from prog-mode?

From: Rudolf Schlatte
Subject: Re: Should yaml-ts-mode inherit from prog-mode?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 16:03:21 +0100

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> In these cases, some users might want to ‘fill-paragraph’ Markdown
> paragraphs inside a literal-styled YAML block.

>       Create a new foo
>       and return a 201 with `Location:` header set.
>
>       If the input data is invalid,
>       return a 400 with a detailed error report.
>
> Without knowing the syntax for the YAML string value, there is not
> enough information to allow or restrict ‘fill-paragraph’.
>
> A sensible compromise could be to allow ‘fill-paragraph’ at user’s
> discretion in all string literals, but recognize YAML’s string start
> and end as paragraph boundaries.

Good points and convincing examples, thank you.  It's also easier to
describe the behavior that way: "`fill-paragraph' is enabled inside block
and flow scalars.  Text inside a block or flow scalar will be reflowed
as usual, with empty lines acting as paragraph boundaries."

I.e., your example would be reflowed like this (after `M-q' on the line
starting with "Create" or "and"), if I understood it correctly?