Re: Should yaml-ts-mode inherit from prog-mode?

From: David Ongaro
Subject: Re: Should yaml-ts-mode inherit from prog-mode?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 19:37:21 -0700

Rudolf Schlatte <rudi@constantly.at> writes:

> From memory, my (probably unfair) impression of the arguments against
> the change were "I checked the spec, and it isn't a programming language
> and has no keywords, so it's clearly text"

Nobody is arguing whether it is a programming lanugage, and the keyword
argument was refuted. So what is left besides momentum? I can understand
the resistance to change something which is already working in the wild
(even if it's not ideal). But in contrast to yaml-mode it seems
yaml-ts-mode is quite new, so it's rather a chance than a risk to change
it.