Re: Unboxed package manager

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Unboxed package manager
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 13:33:56 +0000

You could construct a test without external packages by just generating N directories, prepending them to the load path, then doing the same loadall to see if the degradation is purely due to the size of the load path.

Indeed, with the attached file, emacs -Q -l loadall.el takes 120 seconds. Hmmm...

Why are you surprised? Having 2000 directories in your load-path is a bad idea regardless.

I'm not surprised, but I wonder whether it's possible to do better.