Re: Unboxed package manager

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Unboxed package manager
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 00:25:16 +0000

my recollection is that installing ~1200 packages on those systems and "loading the world" took something like 5 minutes

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Do you mean that byte-compiling and loading ~1200 packages takes about 5 minutes (which would not be a problem per se AFAIU)? Or that loading ~1200 already byte-compiled packages takes about 5 minutes? I took the file you posted in bug#61004, modified it a bit to make it work with emacs -Q (without external packages), and on my computer emacs -Q -l loadall.el takes ~4.5 seconds.

(Of course I forgot to attach the file.  Here it is.)