Re: Indentation and gc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Indentation and gc
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:30:39 +0200

> From: Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net>
> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:14:28 +0100
>
> Since you provide emacs-uptime at session end, I think
> it would be useful to know total Emacs idle time also.
> I have no idea if that's feasible, though.

Why would it be useful, and what kind of information can we glean from
that?

I'm guessing that you assume when Emacs is idle it cannot possibly
cons any memory (which is true), but my point is different: did you
really see any production Emacs session that stays idle for prolonged
times?  E.g., in the session where I'm typing this I have 10 timers, 5
of which run at least once every 10 sec, and 3 run 2 or more times a
second.