Re: Allow controlling the effect of visibility on buffer switching

From: Thuna
Subject: Re: Allow controlling the effect of visibility on buffer switching
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 11:35:41 +0300

> Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but "C-x b" shows the buffer
> it would switch to in the prompt, and AFAIU that is the "last
> non-visible buffer" to which you allude above, right?

It is usually the case that people have a specific buffer in mind that
they want to switch to.  If they know that that specific buffer is the
last, be it visible or non-visible, buffer that they visited, then they
can save time by hitting RET without seeing the default.  My point here
was that it is much more likely that someone knows what their last
buffer is than it is that someone knows what their last /non-visible/
buffer is.