Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:30:43 +0000

Hello, Eli and Lars.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 17:36:20 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> > Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,  Eli Zaretskii
> >  <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:26:27 +0100

> > Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> > > Each of the following two sets of results was obtained from my machine
> > > starting emacs --no-desktop, and represents the second run of
> > > elisp-benchmarks on each build.  The state of master was merged into the
> > > branch this morning, and both builds were redone this morning, too.

> > Looks good to me, then, so unless Eli has any objections, merging the
> > branch is fine by me.

> No objections.

Many thanks, both of you.

I've now merged the branch into master, and closed the six merged bugs
about it.

Just a small point, Lars.  The change you made to
byte-compile-from-buffer earlier on today, I had to revert.  That
function now needs to call read-positioning-symbols.  But if
load-read-function gets bound to r-p-s, a function in a subsidiary place
gets symbols with position, and doesn't know what to do with them.  This
breaks the bootstrap.

Anyhow, I'm having a beer this evening!  This is the most difficult bug
I've ever fixed, anywhere.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).