Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:36:48 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  corwin@bru.st,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:37:53 +0100
>>
>> Anyway, "install-strip" seems not to be a valid target for make!?
>
> It is not?  How do you see that?

The console returns an error:

   make: *** No rule to make target 'install-strip'. Stop

But only on a certain machine, on the other I don't see this error.
Need to start from scratch with a new build tree, I think..

On a positive note, but mysteriously enough for me, I found in a package
archive - build with build-zips.sh - a native-lisp/ folder without my
ado (under 'lib/emacs/28.0.91/)!?  And I checked an Emacs from such a
build on an "MSYS Windows system" - with the Process Explorer - loading
.eln files. :-)

Unfortunately this build didn't work on another Windows computer.  It
seems that there are not yet all necessary dependencies in the distro
archive (for example libgmp-10.dll is missing).  I hope Corwin can bring
some light into the build system.

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm