Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:06:18 +0100

Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>  > phillip.lord@russet.org.uk writes:
>  The performance that I got on Windows builds when I did do it was highly
>  variable (between half an hour and three), but I think this was mostly
>  the shared CPU infrastructure I was using. I never worked out how to get
>  native comp working in a way that I could package it for windows, so the
>  builds were all without it.
>
> This is my present situation also.  I can build with native comp but
> not (yet) found a way to package that version.

I don't understand yet the packaging requirements, is it not possible to
copy additionally the native-lisp/ folder to the package?

So far I could compile (locally) the current pretest 28.0.91 version
--with-native-compilation.

Then I tried to build (with build.zips.sh) a snapshot of the
masterbranch --with-native-compilation on the same system.  And now
./configure is complaining:

  configure: error: Elisp native compiler was requested, but libgccjit was not
found.

Does Emacs-29 has different requirements?

   Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm