Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: phillip . lord
Subject: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:36:26 +0000

Has anyone else seen a regression in bootstrap compilation speed?

I am currently building Emacs-28 trunk. I am still on the bootstrap-emacs phase after half an hour or so and am getting no more than 2 or 3 ELC+ELN steps complete per minute, with a parallel build.

I haven't been doing bootstrap builds consistently, so I do not know if this has changed recently or whether I am just seeing it for the first time, so this is not a very consistent "bug report", rather just to see if anyone else is seeing something similar.

Phil