Re: [Patch] Add project.el command to replace symbol at point throughout

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Patch] Add project.el command to replace symbol at point throughout project
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 04:43:40 +0200

On 13.01.2022 10:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Anyway, if you're sure adding xref-find-references-and-replace will
help, I've got no problem with that.

I think it will be a good addition to what we already have in that
department.  And given that we document it in the user manual, it
should become known to users soon enough.

I've added that command now.

Though since it also uses query-replace-read-args, it suffers from the same (possibly) drawback as project-search and project-query-replace-regexp: not using the symbol at point by default.

So Jon, if you fancy writing a patch in this area, you can try implementing what Juri suggested:

  let-bind read-regexp-defaults-function around the call
  of query-replace-read-args, and use a symbol at point as the default.

That can apply to both project-query-replace-regexp and xref-find-references-and-replace.