Re: [Patch] Add project.el command to replace symbol at point throughout

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Patch] Add project.el command to replace symbol at point throughout project
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:45:38 +0200

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 05:46:53 +0200
>
> On 11.01.2022 15:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I think we should have such a command outside project.el as well.
> > Would it be possible to base it on xref.el and related facilities, so
> > that, for example, one could rename a symbol in all the files
> > mentioned in TAGS table?
>
> We could add a command like xref-find-references-and-replace.

That's what I had in mind.  Perhaps it would even make sense to have
that command automatically adjust itself to a project, when invoked in
the context of a project?

> Or you can do a search with M-? and then press 'r'. Have you tried that?

At some point.  But I think someone who wants refactoring might have
trouble discovering that, and a separate command will make that
easier.