Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 05:38:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> It is normal, yes.  You are supposed to either fix the warnings by
> adding the missing 'require's, or tell Emacs not to natively-compile
> the files where you don't want that (like your init files), or
> customize the option to turn off the warnings.

But don't you think these warnings should not be presented to the end
user who maybe doesn't know what these warnings mean?  I mean, these
warnings pop up while using Emacs, not when installing or upgrading.
Even after every restart.  And it takes a while, and there are a lot.  I
think that has to be improved before it gets the default behavior in a
release.  But maybe that's planned anyway, then sorry for the noise.

Michael.