Re: File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:32:42 +0200

> From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org>
> Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 14:22:51 -0500
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I suggest we choose one of these methods and add it explicitly
> to CONTRIBUTE.  I see the "; SUMMARY" syntax is documented, why
> not this, as well?

Because the problem is not with what CONTRIBUTE says, the problem is
that Stefan and others don't WANT to do what it says.  How will it
help to make the requirements more complex and harder to follow if we
are unable to ensure people follow the simpler ones we have now, and
even veteran contributors and native English speakers such as Stefan
oppose what we say there (which is really the same as what
standards.texi says, just shorter)?