Re: File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 11:28:46 -0600

No. I don't understand why you insist on putting the file/function part on the first (a.k.a. "header") line. The header line is supposed
to be a summary, so that the likes of

 git log --pretty='format:%h %cd %an %s'

work as expected.

This is all documented in CONTRIBUTE, by the way.

If someone wants to argue that we should change the standard, that's a different conversation. I'm just saying (and I think this might be partly what Eli is saying too) that there *is* currently a standard and there's no ambiguity about what that standard is.

Best regards,
-Karl