Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:16:08 +0300

I also think it's a bad idea to change some keybindings, especially if we know that some people like them and have been using them for ages. (I've gotten plenty of bad feedback for the users of my Emacs packages for doing such changes in the past) Changes to keybindings are considered breaking changes by many people and those should be avoided.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021, at 1:01 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>> Likewise, for windmove, we can bind C-x 4 {left, right, up, down} and DWIM
>> for people automatically, enabled by default.
>
> That sounds even better (and we could have similar commands in `C-x 5`
> to select frames based on their location on the screen).

Sounds good to me, too -- we could bind those by default.

But I don't think we can change the C-c <left> etc bindings for those
that enable winner-mode explicitly -- I think that's likely to be very
annoying for those users.

   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no