Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:43:11 +1200

On 2021-08-22 07:23, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I'm actually surprised they have key bindings.  How frequently do you
undo/redo window configuration changes?

But I don't use winner, so maybe I'm missing something.

Extremely frequently, for reverting both intentional and
unintentional changes; often repeatedly just to get back
to some recent previous state after a sequence of changes.

It trivially lets me maximise any window and then jump
back to the previous window split, for instance; and if
anything displays a buffer that I only need temporarily,
it's my go-to for returning to how things were before
that happened.

-Phil