Re: Native Compilation And External Packages

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Native Compilation And External Packages
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 19:06:00 -0700

I'll write up these as bug reports, now that I have a somewhat better
sense as to what it is I am reporting.

At present, there appears to be a lot of "magic" in the bits around jit
compilation, when emacs decides to generate a new .eln file etc, which
makes it hard to discern a bug from a feature and consequently, phrasing
a sensible question is hard as these threads have demonstrated.

Also, I suspect that filing a bug report would have caused folks looking
at it to "file a simple   repro case", and that is something I
definitely wont be able to do given that I'm chasing this down with a
fairly large package as the use-case.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8