Re: Native Compilation And External Packages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Native Compilation And External Packages
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 14:56:20 -0400

T.V Raman [2021-05-29 10:14:43] wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> The warnings are inconsistent as in:

Please, please, pretty please write this in a bug report.

Or better yet, two bug reports: one for the case where you replace
`batch-byte-compile` with `batch-native-compile`, and another for the
case where native compilation takes place lazily.

The "extra warnings" during lazy native compilation is a known problem,
but one we need to address, so making a bug report about it will
be helpful.

The problems you mentioned when replacing `batch-byte-compile` with
`batch-native-compile` OTOH are not known, AFAIK, so we really need
a clear bug report with details of what you did, what that got you, and
why you think it's wrong about that.

        Stefan