RE: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occu

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occur function
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 17:55:52 +0000

> Great, thanks! This is very useful. I had written
> some code already, that also lets you select all
> manuals in a topic, but that did not yet refresh
> the "Info-apropos-node" file when selecting a new
> set of manuals.
>
> So I will probably soon propose some additions to
> your package here. But this already covers my main
> use case, i.e. searching the emacs and elisp manuals
> at once.

FYI, I've now added the ability to choose the manuals
to search on the fly, by using a non-positive prefix
arg with `info-apropos'.  This ignores option
`Info-apropos-manuals'.

I've left the default value of that option as `all',
so the default behavior of `info-apropos' is the same
as for vanilla Emacs.  But with `all' it can take a
while to search all manuals.  A better default might
be the list ("emacs" "elisp") - dunno.

[It would be trivial for Emacs to pick up the Info+
definitions of `info-apropos' etc., but that's not
for me to decide.  It could also just do something
similar, i.e., solve the problem differently.]

HTH.
____

As Eli noted, don't send suggestions about Info+ to
the Emacs bug or dev mailing list.  Send them to me.
(If you use `M-x customize-group Info-Plus' then you
can click link `Send Bug Report'.)

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/info%2b.el