Re: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occu

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occur function
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:29:07 +0200

First of all, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Obviously, I do prefer to contribute to Emacs directly so that the maximum number of users will profit from it.
So for that reason I will send my proposals directly to this mailing list.

Of course, your advice and opinions about my implementation proposals continue to be very welcome.

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 19:55, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> Great, thanks! This is very useful. I had written
> some code already, that also lets you select all
> manuals in a topic, but that did not yet refresh
> the "Info-apropos-node" file when selecting a new
> set of manuals.
>
> So I will probably soon propose some additions to
> your package here. But this already covers my main
> use case, i.e. searching the emacs and elisp manuals
> at once.

FYI, I've now added the ability to choose the manuals
to search on the fly, by using a non-positive prefix
arg with `info-apropos'.  This ignores option
`Info-apropos-manuals'.

I've left the default value of that option as `all',
so the default behavior of `info-apropos' is the same
as for vanilla Emacs.  But with `all' it can take a
while to search all manuals.  A better default might
be the list ("emacs" "elisp") - dunno.

[It would be trivial for Emacs to pick up the Info+
definitions of `info-apropos' etc., but that's not
for me to decide.  It could also just do something
similar, i.e., solve the problem differently.]

HTH.
____

As Eli noted, don't send suggestions about Info+ to
the Emacs bug or dev mailing list.  Send them to me.
(If you use `M-x customize-group Info-Plus' then you
can click link `Send Bug Report'.)

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/info%2b.el