Re: Measuring execution time of a function

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: Measuring execution time of a function
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 10:35:11 +0200

Great thanks! Now I could 'track down' `benchmark` and `benchmark-run`...

 And also I have Drew's info-apropos command now to search in multiple manuals at once,
 so now `info-apropos "timing" would lead me to this answer also (if I select the right manuals).

On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 17:42, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I used
> [the macro posted here](
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23622296/emacs-timing-execution-of-function-calls-in-emacs-lisp
> )
> to time it. I would vote for adding that macro to Emacs b.t.w., if there is
> not
> some hidden alternative command already.

`benchmark-call` or `benchmark-elapse` should do the trick.

        Stefan