Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 14:17:42 +0300

* Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> [2021-04-03 12:51]:
> Sure.  I'm not sold on vertical display of completions in the echo area
> but prefer the column-oriented *Completions* buffer

Comment on this: I don't like minibuffer and mode line raising up for
completion. For those othre completion packages, a new buffer with
vertical display of completion right above the mode line is my
preferred way instead of showing completion candidates in minibuffer.

As mode line is pretty static just as the menu or toolbar, it is
surprising and confusing when mode line starts jumping up and down.

I consider completion packages priority as they increase efficiency of
work.

Jean