Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 13:14:59 +0300

* Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> [2021-04-03 12:51]:
> Sure.  I'm not sold on vertical display of completions in the echo area
> but prefer the column-oriented *Completions* buffer because more
> completions are visible at a time.  And I prefer having up/down arrows
> stick to their usual history navigation commands rather than having them
> select between prev/next completion candidate.

I do like this package as it extends standard Emacs, and lessen the
number of keys to pin point the completion candidate.

If more completions are visible at a time depends of average length of
candidates. My completion candidates may be very long, longer than 80
or 100 chars.

Personally I do not have need for up/down arrows. I tell you this to
learn from different viewpoints.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://rms-support-letter.github.io/