RE: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:24:02 -0700 (PDT)

> > > But if you have to have mail configured, you're also only going to have
> > > a specific subset of all users.
> >
> > Nothing _limits_ input to email.  That's all we handle today, and we
> > should at least continue to handle such input.  But if we want to
> > entertain supporting other input methods (smoke signals...
> > whatever), that's not impossible.
>
> Is hard for me to understand the above.

It's hard for me to understand what you write, below.

My point there was only that nothing limits acceptance
of user input only in the form of email.  That's all.

To be clear, I'm in favor of continuing to accept
input by email.  I'm strongly in favor of that.
And in particular by `report-emacs-bug'.

I was just saying that nothing prevents accepting
feedback in other ways.  Of course, some ways would
no doubt require some support development.  (Something
like snail mail would not.)