RE: How to request changes in Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to request changes in Emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 22:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

> emacs-feedback could be a good name, but perhaps it should not insert
> into the message some of the things that report-emacs-bug inserts.
> They are relevant if the subject is a bug that just occurred, but not
> in other circumstances.

Agreed.  They are not necessarily relevant, not all anyway.
___

[I suggested, in 2013 and 2016, that we modularize the
possible info to automatically gather and send, and let
users choose which such pieces they want to send.

That modularization would also make it clearer & easier to
handle a new command for sending feedback a bit differently
from `report-emacs-bug', in terms of what to include.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-05/msg00238.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-01/msg00431.html]