RE: How to request changes in Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to request changes in Emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 08:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

>   > Only that "report Emacs bug" does not sound as free form feedback of
>   > any kind. I know it is, but it does not sound as enhancement
>   > request. It takes time for person to realize that.
>
> That is a good point.  Do people have concrete suggestions for
> how to make it clearer how to request changes etc?

There have been concrete suggestions for this.
For instance:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-10/msg00552.html

The suggestions there include:

1. Alias `report-emacs-bug' to a name that suggests
   sending feedback in general, not just reporting a bug.

2. Change the description of that command, to reflect
   the fact that it is for _both_ sending general feedback
   and reporting bugs.  And change the descriptions in
   manuals accordingly.

3. Changing the Help menu item for reporting a but,
   so it suggests either reporting a bug or sending
   general feedback.