Re: How to request changes in Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to request changes in Emacs
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 00:00:02 -0400

  > The item "Send Bug Report" could be placeholder for something like
  > "Tell us how to improve" which would expand in more submenu options,
  > something like:

I guess so.  Perhaps it should be renamed to "Give Feedback."

I always find submenus inconvenient to select from; am I the only
one?  Is it because I rarely do that?

  > - Send Bug Report

  > - Suggest Emacs improvements

  > - Send email to Help GNU Emacs

I suggest

  Mail a question to help-gnu-emacs.

  > - Join the Help GNU Emacs mailing list

  > - Leave Help GNU Emacs mailing list

I think the last two are not needed.  If a user finds out about
help-gnu-emacs, perse can decide to join.  Also, that command could
display, in some way, guidance on how to subscribe or unsubscribe.

Having fewer options could permit a more convenient interface for
choosing an option.

--
Dr Richard Stallman