Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 02:51:34 +0200

> 1. Ability for `info-lookup-symbol' to use an arbitrary
>    set of manuals.  Eli has said this is possible, but
>    it's not clear to me how.  (I haven't looked for it,
>    though.)

One way to register new manuals is by calling
`info-lookup-maybe-add-help' to register a new help
specification. Here's how info-lookup recognizes Tramp symbols from
Emacs Lisp buffers, for example:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=99ad65eda44e3b6edcc51cf0fb70ea499c3ccb07

If you are not in an Emacs Lisp buffer, you can always do C-u C-h S and
select `tramp-info-lookup-mode' manually.