RE: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 19:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > 1. Ability for `info-lookup-symbol' to use an arbitrary
> >    set of manuals.  Eli has said this is possible, but
> >    it's not clear to me how.  (I haven't looked for it,
> >    though.)
>
> One way to register new manuals is by calling
> `info-lookup-maybe-add-help' to register a new help
> specification. Here's how info-lookup recognizes Tramp symbols from
> Emacs Lisp buffers, for example:...
>
> If you are not in an Emacs Lisp buffer, you can always do C-u C-h S and
> select `tramp-info-lookup-mode' manually.

OK, good to know.  It would be good to incorporate
such an ability in an easy-to-specify/use manner.

E.g., in `help-fns+.el' you can just specify a list
of manuals to use, in a user-option.

It sounds like what you describe would need some
encapsulation, massaging, or interfacing, to let
users just do that to make use of specific manuals.