Re: PL support

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 06:03:35 -0700

>   > Our unwillingness to make Free Software packages like Magit or Tuareg
>   > easily installable into Emacs with no extra configuration forces many
>   > of our users to add MELPA to their `package-archives`.
>
> It doesn't force anyone to do anything.  Please stop the
> exaggeration; that is not valid reasoning, just venting.

According to Merriam-Webster, "forced" means "compelled by force or
necessity : involuntary".  I'm not sure I understand why using that word
is exaggerating.

Users have no other choice than adding MELPA to `package-archives' if
they want to use Emacs for certain things.  For example editing some
popular programming languages and using certain tools effectively.

The other alternative is of course to not use Emacs for that.  But
arguably that's not much of a choice.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas