RE: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 10:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

> I think demanding namespacing for discoverability
> is mixing up two not entirely orthogonal but also
> not entirely dependent things.

This.

My guess is that it's from a particular habit.
We all have our ingrained ways of working.

Emacs and Lisp are a bit different from what
many programmers are used to.  That's NOT
something new.  Back in the day, newbies came
to Emacs and Lisp from Fortran, C, Basic,
Pascal, etc.  Those are _at least_ as alien
from Lisp as are Java, Python, etc.  (Fortran
didn't even have recursion!  Trying to grok a
Lisp definition of `append' was mind-blowing.)