Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 23:08:42 -0400

  > > I think the cause of the problem is that they are talking with each
  > > other and not with us.

  > They've also talked with us.

Your statement appears to disagree with mine, but not really --
due to the tenses, they are about slightly different points.

"They are talking with each other" is a statement about what they
_generally_ do, where as "they've talked with us" says they have
done something on at least one occasion.

I would guess that they talk with each other often, and only rarely
with us.  Is that correct?  If so, that is exactly the problem
situation I was concerned about.

If what they want is so different from what we want
that there is no possibility of cooperation, I think
it is a damned shame we didn't pay more attention early to
avoiding a fork.

But if there is still a chance of preserving some cooperation
with them, let's not be defeatist about it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman