Re: library/package filename prefixes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: library/package filename prefixes
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 23:08:47 -0400

  > > Are there any libraries in Emacs or GNU ELPA
  > > which currently use a 2-letter prefix?

In your list, some of the files do use a two-letter name prefix,
but others do not.

lisp/cedet/srecode/el.el does not.  Neither does
lisp/cedet/semantic/sb.el.

lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.el does use a two-letter prefix.
Perhaps we should change it.

lisp/emacs-lisp/gv.el uses a two-letter prefix.
I expect that the functions named starting 'gv-' are not used from a lot
of user code, so it should not be hard to rename them.

Does anyone oppose renaming them?

lisp/bs.el does use 'bs-' as a nane prefix.
I have a hunch the entry points are not called very often.
Should we rename that?

It would be easy to rename po.el and its one entry point,
which is called in just one place.

Eli, what do you think about renaming these files
if doing so is painless?

--
Dr Richard Stallman