library/package filename prefixes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: library/package filename prefixes
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 14:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

FWIW -

I think the "Emacs Lisp Coding Conventions" node
of the Elisp manual should be amended to say that
a library/package prefix should be at least 2
chars followed by a hyphen (`-').  And even add
that 3 or more is preferable.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Coding-Conventions.html

(Should we also say that the first char should
not be a hyphen, or that not all prefix chars
should be hyphens, or ...?)

I think it's misguided, short-sighted, and even
perhaps a bit self-centered for people to have
named libraries `-.el', `s.el', etc. and used
function and variable names with prefix `-',
`s-', etc.

"Too clever by half" is an expression that comes
to mind.  Cute, but not great for playing in the
communal sandbox.

This opinion takes nothing away from the quality
or worth of such libraries.  It's only the naming
I take issue with.