Re: Improved welcome screen

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Improved welcome screen
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:58:13 +0300

Hi Stefan,

On 27.04.2020 15:30, Stefan Kangas wrote:
OK, so here's a proposal for a better welcome screen.  The idea was to
get rid of the impenetrable wall of text we have now by simplifying
it.

I like this direction quite a bit. Not crazy about the part after the dashed line, though, but it's less clear what we can replace it with.

The "NO WARRANTY" can probably just live in the Help menu. Or move to the middle. Maybe by replacing the "Ordering Manuals" item which could obtain more prominence in "(emacs) Top". Or by having a fourth item there. Maybe we can have 4 items in each column.

Speaking of the Guided Tour, EWW is nifty and all, but it renders that page worse than any normal browser.