Improved welcome screen

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Improved welcome screen
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:30:18 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe some improvements to the welcome screen.

OK, so here's a proposal for a better welcome screen.  The idea was to
get rid of the impenetrable wall of text we have now by simplifying
it.

The attached patch is a quickly hacked together proof of concept, but
could be cleaned up and finalized if it's a direction we want to take.
I've attached a screenshot of the result.

You can test the patch using:
    ./src/emacs -Q --eval '(display-about-screen)'

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas