Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 23:23:22 -0400

>   > > The mechanism it has now is effective only on fast machines.
>   > Do you have any evidence to back that claim?
> Others have posted the data here.

Which data are you referring to?  Maybe I missed it as well?

The only data I've seen so far that shows any effect of
open-paren-in-column-0 is the one recently (as in "after your above
messages") posted by Alan, and this data says nothing about slow or fast
machines, shows a relatively small performance difference (not
negligible, but within a factor 2), and considers a situation expected
to be rather rare.

        Stefan