Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs:

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs: Invalid read syntax: ")" ]
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 12:16:00 +0900

On May 8, 2018, at 11:32, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:43:56 +0900

Put a breakpoint in Fsignal, and when it reports this error, show the backtrace.

When I check the emacs manual, the only reference to Fsignal is:

"To make Lisp errors stop Emacs and return to GDB, put a breakpoint at Fsignal."

Also, there is no reference to Fsignal in the GDB manual.

 $ cd /path/to/emacs/src
 $ gdb ./emacs
 (gdb) break Fsignal
 (gdb) commands
pp errror_symbol
end
 (gdb) run
 Thread 1 hit Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=XIL(0x108b0),
     data="" at eval.c:1514
 1514      signal_or_quit (error_symbol, data, false);
 void-variable
 (gdb) continue

Keep typing "continue" until error_symbol is invalid_syntax.  Then:

 (gdb) bt

OK?

Thank you for the instructions. I'm on it.

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune