Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs:

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs: Invalid read syntax: ")" ]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 05:32:20 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:43:56 +0900
>
>  Put a breakpoint in Fsignal, and when it reports this error, show the
> backtrace.
>
> When I check the emacs manual, the only reference to Fsignal is:
>
> "To make Lisp errors stop Emacs and return to GDB, put a breakpoint at
> Fsignal."
>
> Also, there is no reference to Fsignal in the GDB manual.

  $ cd /path/to/emacs/src
  $ gdb ./emacs
  (gdb) break Fsignal
  (gdb) commands
    > pp errror_symbol
    > end
  (gdb) run
  Thread 1 hit Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=XIL(0x108b0),
      data=XIL(0xc000000001976940)) at eval.c:1514
  1514      signal_or_quit (error_symbol, data, false);
  void-variable
  (gdb) continue

Keep typing "continue" until error_symbol is invalid_syntax.  Then:

  (gdb) bt

OK?